Lesson 1: Introduction to the Tabernacle:
Audio Part 1
Audio Part 2
Picture discussed at end of Part 2 Audio
Taken from Rose Guide to the Tabernacle by Benjamin Galan, 2008
Read Exodus 24:12 – 25:9
A visual dwelling
- Where did God first meet Moses?
- Were other people allowed to go and meet God there too?
- To the common Israelite, was God in the midst of them, or far away from them?
- After Moses remained on Mount Sinai for 40 days receiving commandments from God regarding the tabernacle, the people did something completely out of line. Read about this even in Exodus 32:1-10. What does this show about the people’s nature and how they wanted to worship?
- Tabernacle literally means “tent” or “dwelling”. Read Exodus 29:45-46 Why do you think God chose to come close and live in the midst of Israel? What does this say about Israel as a nation?
- Read Exodus 25:9 again. God was about to give some very specific instructions about how each component of the tabernacle was to be built, and here He told Moses to follow everything exactly as He commanded it ( we willlearn more about the details in subsequent lessons). What does this say about God’s relationship with His people? What would have happened if Moses strayed from God’s pattern?
- Read John 1:14. The word “dwelling” in this verse is the same word for “tabernacle” in the Old Testament. How does this verse relate Jesus to the Old Testament tabernacle? What does this tell us about the purpose of the tabernacle?
- Read Revelation 21:1-4. As we can see, the theme of the tabernacle begins in Exodus and continues through the Bible to its last pages. In this passage, where is the tabernacle? What does this tell us about God’s plan regardingthe tabernacle from the beginning?
Optional further reading: The tabernacle was a temporary structure and forerunner of the more permanent temple that Solomon built. Read 2 Samuel 7:8-13 and 1 Kings 5 and 6. Make note of any similarities you see between the tabernacle and temple.
Click Here for Lesson 2
If you want to vote informed please read both parties platforms. Compare them to what Jesus says. Then ask God to give you wisdom to vote for whomever He has chosen.
CLICK IMAGES TO READ